Based in Amsterdam, AkzoNobel is the largest global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals. We supply industries and customers worldwide with innovative products and are passionate about developing sustainable answers for our customers. We are a Global Fortune 500 company and are consistently ranked as one of the leaders on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes. With operations in more than 80 countries, our 55,000 people around the world are committed to excellence and delivering Tomorrow’ Answers TodayTM .
Engineering Sales Manager
Responsible as general
- To deliver market intelligence (including Project Pipeline, Market Plan/Report) to support Business requirements in budget and planning processes.
- To communicate growth opportunities to each of the Regional Sales Managers, and to provide support to their direct sales teams insecuring of these opportunities.
- Undertake Key Account Management activities on a number of target accounts as determined by market research, and in dialogue with the Business requirements.
- Externally; primary contacts of the position are diverse and include engineers, fabricators, and facility owners (both private companies and statutory authorities) with specific emphasis in the export and local project markets.
- Internally; direct responsibility is to Manager Engineering Projects- ISEAA. The position will liaise with his/her direct manager on a regular basis and with the marketing and technical group and members of the project and sales management team. Regular communication and dialogue with the various Regional Sales Managers is expected.
- Participate in the various corporate Safety Initiatives, including (but not limited to) attendance at SAFE meetings, Behavioural Based Safety Observations and industry specific training requirements.
- Maintain an acute awareness of market intelligence for significant project development in the region, interstate and overseas where protective coatings will be required.
- Develop new and existing customers. Identify new projects and existing and emerging users of protective coatings. Identify sole supply opportunities. Visit customers and have “International” protective coatings products specified. Undertake Joint Service Reviews with customers.
- Provide first level after-sales technical service and problem-solving to customers, technical personnel and facility owners and refer more complex matters to the Manager Engineering Projects – ISEAA or Technical Group.
- Develop credibility in the protective coatings industry through the provision of technical advice and assistance.
- Provide contact with any construction clients where we are the preferred supplier.
- Manage project pipeline for key projects as determined by the FMG/FWG.
- Contribute to regional planning / forecast / budgeting activities
- Conduct regular competitor analysis specific to market.
- Develop & maintain relationship selling principles with key players at high levels in contract chain.
- Project Manage using the project management tools (e.g. tactical checklist, key account management, report writing) of the “OnePlace” in house Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and on a daily basis update CRM/”OnePlace” and PCSS.
- Keep Oneplace fully updated, with particular reference to High Priority Projects and Companies.
- Maintain close contact with other regional sales personnel, Manager Engineering Projects – ISEAA,Technical Group and other Project Managers, including WW KAM Team, in order to utilise opportunities effectively and liaise with Customer Service and other state sales personnel and with research and development group, marketing group and project management personnel on customer projects.
- Work within the Protective Coating Selling Process disciplines (e.g. use tactical checklists, brick-walling techniques).
- Provide monthly reporting as a basis for forecasting and update against plan and list key issues.
- Facilitate and/or participate in the delivery of regular project meetings with the regional sales team.
- Monitor own activities to assess performance and take corrective action.
- Make presentations to customers, architects, engineers and facility owners.
- A Degree/Diploma in Science or Engineering.
- At least 2 years experience in the coatings industry.
- Experience or knowledge of steel coatings and blast cleaning
- Experience in dealing with contracting companies and technical personnel
- Some experience of Fire protection and Intumescent Coatings
- Knowledge of Protective Coating Selling Process Computer literacy
- Ability to communicate & liaise with all levels of employees.
- ACA or NACE Inspection Certificate
Send Your CV to : firstname.lastname@example.org